Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Writing Beats Everything!

Absolutely beats any other activity you can possibly imagine doing. It's exercise for your brain allowing you to stretch and flex. It's exercise. It's fantastic. The feeling you get after a good workout, fill your lungs with air, stretch out your body, jump and skip, sweat and get tired. That's what writing does.

Drawing does that too.

Even doodles free the mind. If you want to doodle. People like to write, but not to draw. It's because of that emphasis in school of writing. It's writing, writing, writing all the time.


I had an art teacher in high school. I don't remember art much, that's because early on, she told me that I'd never be good at it. So I didn't take art classes beyond the first year of high school. I switched to metal workshop.


But I later on learned that there's nothing to be afraid of. Just draw. I learned that the best way to learn is by copying. Isn't that what all children do? Hear what their parents and then imitate it. Isn't that what school children are taught? Read this book and then regurgitate it in an examination.



Why are we so drawn to writing? So much to say, so little time. But still we write and continue to speak. It's better than sitting down to watch television. It occupies like no drug occupies. Fills those long drawn moments whether they be in the morning or in the evening.


And so I'll continue to write and draw because it fills a part of me that nothing else is able to fill. I'm happier when I write. I'm happy when I draw.

No comments: