Sunday, October 30, 2011

Summer to Fall - Running

Did a lot of running this past summer. I'm now slightly over 4,500 K in distance run this year, from January. I was hoping to break 5,000 K but I've got this injury in my right leg that's causing a bit of distress, mostly because I'm scheduled for a full marathon in a week!

Let's hope that I can rest it this week and it goes away.

The weather's changed and this is supposed to be perfect running weather. It's cold in the morning when I normally run, close to about 4 degrees Celsius and so the running toque, or hat, and the gloves are mandatory. Here are a few pictures of Eglinton, in the Summer and in the Fall.

Approaching Kipling Ave.

Approaching Kipling Ave. Bike Path.
The pictures above are close to the start of my run, barely 1 K, it's a nice wide bike path and I normally run on the path, not the side-walk.

Approaching Kipling Ave. October

Eglinton/Kipling - Bike Path


Eglinton/Kipling - Bike Path

You can see from the shots above, taken in October, that the leaves are turning beautiful shades of orange, brown and yellow. The sun was still shining and the temperatures were absolutely perfect.

Eglinton Ave - Before Kipling
This is the "tunnel" before slipping into the bike path. You can see the side-walk on the right side next to Eglinton. The shrubbery is still green.

Eglinton Ave - Before Kipling
This is the same spot as the one above, but you can see that the leaves are already falling off the trees. The bike path and side-walk is strewn with them. Made for a nice crunch, crunch, crunch as you're running.

Running in Etobicoke is nice, but not as nice as it was in Mississauga. At least, you have some stretches in Etobicoke where you can disappear from the traffic and get lost in your thoughts. I wonder if I'll take some Winter shots for comparison?


No comments: