Thursday, September 22, 2011

Heading to the Oakville half marathon

Two days left to the Oakville half marathon. I did some hard training over the weekend, ran 32k on Saturday followed by another 32k on Sunday. The weather on Saturday was chilly and I caught a cold, I thought it was a flu. Sneezing, headache, runny nose and so on. I was so sick I couldn't get up and run on Monday morning. The plan, easing into the Oakville half, was to run Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Rest Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Well, with Monday blanking out, I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday. The plan this time was to rest Friday and Saturday. But now, as I write this note, on Thursday evening, facing a rest day tomorrow, which is Friday, and Saturday, I feel that I only need one day of rest. Saturday should do it. After all, I'm used to packing 32k on Saturday, so this time I'd be packing 0k and then 21.1k on Sunday. Compared to the 64k I do on weekends, this is a walk in the park.

Am I addicted to running or what? Is this OK? Do I need to see a shrink or am I OK?

No comments: